Allenstown Animal Hospital Is Your Trusted Allenstown Veterinarian
Your pets are just as important to us as they are to you. As an experienced Allenstown veterinarian service, our team is available to meet most of your pet’s unique needs. From preventative care to emergency service, let our professionals help you to keep your pet healthy and a part of your family for years to come. We serve patients in Allenstown, Pembroke, Hooksett, and Concord, New Hampshire.
Get to Know Your Veterinarian
Dr. Suzan Watkins, DVM and the staff at Allenstown Animal Hospital have more than three decades of experience serving the greater Concord/Manchester region and many of it's pets. We believe in providing a loving, comfortable experience for whatever reason your pet needs to visit our hospital. Whether it's your new puppy or kitten's first visit to the vet, an adult pet's annual exam and preventive care, a sick pet visit or a surgical procedure, Dr. Suzan Watkins, DVM and Dr. Christine O’Connell, DVM are here to provide for all of your pet's medical care.
Services Available at Allenstown Animal Hospital
We offer a full range of services to meet your pet’s needs. We recommend bringing your pet in for an annual exam as a first step and to get acquainted. We can then make recommendations for care to help to prevent, diagnose, and treat any medical issues that your pet may have or be exposed to. Our services include:
- Preventative Medicine: Examinations, vaccinations, parasite prevention, and breed-specific care including diet and lifestyle.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: We have the comprehensive diagnostic tools available to help diagnose your pet’s needs and therapeutic services to ensure complete pet care is always available.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art surgical suite is equipped to handle any surgical procedure needed. From routine spay and neutering to complex soft tissue and orthopedic procedures our doctors are able to perform most surgical procedures themselves. For those procedures requiring a specialist, we have a board certified surgeon that travels to our hospital when needed. These services include advanced orthopedic (cruciate ligament repair, fracture repair requiring plating, and TPLO knee surgery, etc.) and advanced soft tissue surgery.
- Anesthesia: Keeping your pet safe while undergoing procedures requiring anesthesia is very important to us. We practice only the safest anesthetic protocols and monitoring.
- Radiology Services: We perform x-rays onsite using modern, digital x-ray which provides fast and accurate diagnostic information. Digital radiology allows us to utilize the services of off-site specialists if necessary.
- Electrocardiography and Ultrasound Services: Your pet will have access to ECG and other cardiac care at our animal hospital as we offer all of the necessary equipment. We enlist the services of a board certified internal medicine specialist to come to our facility to perform ultrasound procedures when needed.
- Laboratory: Our in-house lab allows us to screen for ailments and provide blood testing right onsite when we need answers right away. We also have daily currier pickup from a national laboratory for more complex diagnostic testing when needed.
- Pharmacy: With a comprehensive pharmacy onsite, you don’t have to go far to find the medications, supplements, dental, and flea, tick and heartworm products necessary for your pet well being.
- Dentistry: It's estimated that 75-80% of dogs and cats over the age of 3 years suffer from some form of dental disease. Keeping a pet’s teeth healthy is one of the most commonly overlooked health related issues by pet owners. It is actually one of the most essential elements to maintaining your pet's overall health. Broken or chipped teeth, tartar and plaque, and ultimately gum infections can lead to heart, kidney and other organ disease when not properly addressed. We provide complete dental services from routine cleaning to extractions and emergency care onsite using state of the art dental equipment. Because 75% of a pet's tooth lies below the gum line, our digital dental radiography allows us to comprehensively make a complete assessment of your pet's dental health. The American Veterinary Medical Association states that dental radiography is a requirement to meet the minimum standard of care for your pet's dental care
We also offer individualized flea and tick control, nutritional programs through our dietary counseling services, and behavioral counseling onsite. Talk to us about any need you may have.
Schedule an Appointment with our Veterinarians at Allenstown Animal Hospital Today!
Call Allenstown Animal Hospital today to schedule an appointment with our team. We’re dedicated to providing you with exceptional care. We've been providing veterinary care to pets from Allenstown, Bow, Candia, Concord, Deerfield, Epsom, Hooksett, Pembroke, Manchester and many more surrounding communities since 1984. Our number is: (603) 485-7133. We look forward to meeting you!